1. Students looking for accommodation for August entry, when should we contact you?
Please contact us 1-2 months before your anticipated move in date. Our tenants generally provide us with 2 months notice, we are therefore unable to advise on availability beyond these dates.
2. How can we pay our rent or deposit?
By bank transfer, standing order or debit card. We do not accept cash.
3. What are other tenants' fees except rent and deposit?
We don't charge tenants.
4. What maintenance will you do or not do in my home?
Please call us in emergency, in case of leaks or white goods failure. We are not responsible for your consumables such as light bulbs or hoover bags.
5. My fridge does not work properly. What should I do?
Please try to defrost it before you contact us.
6. We have lost power in some of our electricity sockets. Could our letting agents help us?
Check the fuse box first, whether all fuses are in an 'ON' position. If they are all on please contact us for assistance.
7. We have a joint tenancy, but one of us would like to move out. We have found a replacement. What should we do?
Tenant changeovers are at our sole discretion. We need an e-mail confirmation from both outgoing and incoming tenants. The new tenant would have to go through a regular full profile tenant check.
8. I would like to change my utilities provider. Can I do it?
Yes, you are allowed to change your utilities provider.
9. How long does an application process take?
It all depends on how quickly you can provide your information, your response time is important. We are generally in a position to sign a lease one week after the initial application.
1. What rental services does your letting agency offer?
Most landlords choose our full Management Service. However, we also offer a Tenant Find Only service.
2. What service do we recommend?
In our opinion Full Management Service is the best option. Our letting agents will deal with all matters arising during the period of the tenancy, allowing you to relax in the knowledge that your property is in safe hands. A Full Management Service creates a professional distance between you and the tenants.
3. How much will it cost to let my property?
Our commission in case of Full Management Service is 10%+VAT. Tenant Find Only fee starts from £295+VAT.
4. How do I know what rent to charge?
We offer our landlords a complimentary rental appraisal service.
5. Can I keep my tenant's deposit?
Deposits are required to be registered with an approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme. We hold deposits with Safe Deposits Scotland.
6. Do I need to have an inventory?
Full Management Service includes an inventory service. An inventory is a binding legal document that provides an accurate written record of the condition and contents of a property at the beginning of a tenancy.
7. What other services do you offer?
The following services are available to all landlords whether you opt for our full management service or you manage your own property and wish to ensure you are fully compliant: Energy Performance Certificate, Gas Safety Certificates, Linked Heat & Smoke Alarms, Electrical Inspection Condition Reports, PAT testing and Legionella Risk Assessment.
8. Who is responsible for payment of council tax and the TV license?
The tenancy agreements confirms that the responsibility is with the tenant.
9. Are your lease agreements up to date?
Yes, our lease agreements are up to date and checked regularly.
10. What happens if the tenant damages the property?
The tenant would be liable for the cost of a replacement or repair. In the event that the tenant failed to reimburse the cost, the funds would be requested from the holding deposit at the end of tenancy. Fair wear and tear should be allowed for.
We are more than happy to help new and prospective landlords with advice.