As HMO specialist letting agents in Edinburgh, we can help Edinburgh landlords wanting to HMO their property. This service will suit Edinburgh landlords who would like to manage their property, but think about renting it out as an HMO (House in Multiple Occupation).
1) We will carry out visual valuation, verify current safety certificates requirements and possible remedial works.
2) We will organize and manage all necessary works and certificates (Annual Gas Certificate [for properties with a gas supply], Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR), Annual Emergency Lighting Certificate, Annual Portable Appliance Test Certificate (PAT), Annual Fire Appliances Certificate, Current Part 1 Fire Alarm System Certificate, Annual Sprinkler System Inspection Certificate in accordance with BS9251 [for properties with sprinklers], Fire Safety Risk Assessment). Door closers, door fireproofing and anti arson letterboxes may be necessary. We would manage all remedials, but landlords cover the cost of remedials and certificates.
3) Depending on floor plan and bedroom sizes, we could apply for license for 3 or more tenants. In case of bigger, more spacious properties, the living room may become an additional bedroom. Edinburgh Council license application fee is £540 for 3 tenants, £720 for 4 tenants, £900 for 5 tenants for a 3 year license.
4) We will accompany Edinburgh Council inspectors during their initial inspection visit.
5) We will manage possible remedials works recommended by the HMO inspector.
6) We will accompany Edinburgh Council inspectors during their final inspection.
Our management fee for HMO application standalone service is £600+VAT.
Edinburgh HMO application service can best be used together with our Let Only / Tenant Find Only service to advertise your property, carry out viewings, referencing and draft a lease. Please note that HMO application service is included free of charge in Full Management service.
Please contact us for more details: email@example.com or call Miles or Daniel at 0131 662 8035.
We are more than happy to help new and prospective landlords with advice.