Letting Agent Property Management Edinburgh Agency Residential Property Full Tenant Find Only
Scottish Government considers living accommodation as an HMO if it is:
- Occupied by three of more persons from three or more families; and
- Occupied by them as their only or main residence; and
- Either a house, premises or a group of premises owned by the same person with shared basic amenities.
- Maximum fine for letting unlicensed HMO property is £50,000.
- HMO properties generate higher yields, but HMO management is time consuming.
What do we do:
- HMO project management at no additional cost (full management only).
- Advice on valuation and presentation.
- Advice on HMO standards and HMO licenses. Filling in HMO documents.
- Marketing: to let board and Zoopla, Lettingweb and ELC website.
- Interviewing prospective tenants and conducting accompanied viewings of the property.
- Comprehensive independent reference and credit checks on all prospective tenants.
- Providing detailed inventory and schedule of condition, including photographs.
- Prepare full tenancy agreement, signing and serving the appropriate notices.
- Organise Legionella Risk Assessment, Portable Appliance Testing, Electrical Installation Condition Report.
- Organise smoke and heat detectors, fire blankets and fireproof additions.
- Deal with rents, deposits and deposit returns.
- Interim and final inspections.
- Cover council inspections.
Why do you need a good HMO agent?
- Reducing HMO turnover
- Tenant selection
- Dealing with requests of 3+ tenants
- Avoid fines up to £50,000