Edinburgh Letting Centre is an HMO specialist agency. We have turned many Edinburgh properties into higher yield HMO investments and over the years have dealt with dozens of HMO applications and Edinburgh Council inspections. We have been applying successfully for HMO licenses when other agencies failed with HMO requirements.
Scottish Government considers living accommodation as an HMO if it is:
- Occupied by three of more persons from three or more families; and
- Occupied by them as their only or main residence; and
- Either a house, premises or a group of premises owned by the same person with shared basic amenities.
- Maximum fine for letting unlicensed HMO property is £50,000.
- HMO properties generate higher yields, but HMO management is time consuming.
What do we do:
- HMO project management and HMO applications at no additional cost (full management only).
- We are HMO specialists.
- Advice on valuation and presentation.
- Advice on HMO licensing. Filling in HMO documents.
- HMO application as a standalone service.
- Marketing: to let board and Zoopla, Lettingweb and ELC website.
- Interviewing prospective tenants and conducting accompanied viewings of the property.
- Comprehensive independent reference and credit checks on all prospective tenants.
- Providing detailed inventory and schedule of condition, including photographs.
- Prepare full tenancy agreement, signing and serving the appropriate notices.
- Organise Legionella Risk Assessment, Portable Appliance Testing, Electrical Installation Condition Report.
- Organise smoke and heat detectors, fire blankets and fireproof additions.
- Deal with rents, deposits and deposit returns.
- Interim and final inspections.
- Cover council inspections.
Why do you need a good HMO agent?
- Reducing HMO turnover
- Tenant selection
- Dealing with requests of 3+ tenants
- Avoid fines up to £50,000